- Baton Rouge ranks 4th for AIDS case rates among
the largest metropolitan areas in the U.S.
- Baton Rouge Ranks 1st in the state of Louisiana with the Highest Rate of
- Nationally, Louisiana ranks 5th highest in AIDS case rates and 12th in the number of AIDS cases diagnosed.
75% of all HIV/AIDS cases in Region Two are African Americans.
- In Louisiana, 31% of new HIV cases and 31% of new AIDS
cases are among women.
- The number one mode of transmission for females is Heterosexual Activities.
- HIV continues
to disproportionately affect African Americans in Louisiana. In 2007, 72% of newly diagnosed HIV cases and 75% of newly diagnosed
AIDS cases were among African Americans.